If you are looking for a TRUE INNOVATION, ….please think in HWS-AirBASE — a precast foundation for Wind Turbines:
It is the only true innovation in the field—since the P&H concept (USA, 1994)—because it is also a completely new structural scheme, which introduces multiple advantages:
- Up to 35% COST reduction, depending on the WTG-Model (hub height, tower material, rotor diameter and power rated, which means more weight on top of the tower) and SOIL characteristics.
- Up to 50% MATERIALS reduction (steel and concrete), while avoiding technical issues and long working time associated to assembly up to 100-150 t of rebar and pouring 700-1.000 m3 of concrete.
- Up to 50% CO2 EMISSIONS reduction, which is directly the amount of materials reduction, since transport and labour represent less than 10% of those emissions.
Several structural and geotechnical advantages:
- The load transfer to the soil is much more efficient: in fact it is regular, improving any “gapping” issues.
- Being a cross of bridge-girders, with only a small increase of length you will be able to resist much more momentum, which is the main load the Wind Turbine introduces, and must be resisted and transferred by the foundation.
- Higher Stiffness, which is becoming an issue in the new WTG’ designs.
Being partially a precast parts, all advantages of precasting are obviously introduced:
- Use of more resistant concretes.
- Better quality control.
- Better timetable/schedule control.
- Possibility of longer lasting working time on the field in strong/rough weathers, both cold and hot.
- Processes industrialization.
- Serialization of the design foundation: it is possible to develop a catalogue of foundations for a particular WTG.
If you would like to know more about our project, we will be delighted to welcome you in our booth in n the WindEnergy Hamburg-DE fair, next September 27-30, Hall B2, booth B2.EG.410A.
Kindly reserve your time slot so we will able to attend you better. Please do it writing to firstname.lastname@example.org